Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Upgrading...

    Hello everybody, This is a Time for the new story starting. After the 2 years of silence I have decided to tell a new one. First, I'm completely "upgraded" now. I'm "a new one". I have a new working place in the education and science. But I will tell everything one after another. 
   Unfortunately, I left my University more 20 years I was working at which. It's a very long story. However, in a few words, a salary becomes a so small as an microbes. Moreover, my courses was not needed for anybody after a so called "reforms" was done! The Staff age came up to 75 years by average. I told myself - will suffice! "Too early" , to remain here yet. :) 
   Now, I'm working in Moscow Humanitarian and Economics University at Applied math Department.
Second, i have not changed a my science direction from Geology in the new Department of the Russian Academy of Science. So, i'm "upgraded" a twice! :) Any shocks don't happen without consequences. So it happened and to my private life. But I don't want to speak about it. Moreover, this isn't interesting to nobody. Let's talk about "technology" now.
   I was working in my old Macintosh at the Snow Leopard OS X up to recent time. Upgrading myself process was leading to my computer upgrading too, you can see him (he is hided under my IKEA table :) )

I have added a Blue-Ray drive on the bottom slot for video editing. And finally, a "new" OS was installed as MAC OSX Lion. WOAW, I have a new interface....but some useful programs isn't working now! My "new MAC" is now :
Now, my MAC is getting a second "breath"! My "fantastic" upgrade procedure was ended.
I have a "new looking MAC" and .... some of my old software doesn't work which! :) Surprise! There is no more support for PowerPC applications from Apple. Great result. What will be next? I know about MAC OSX Mountain Lion...the same Lion, but a bit "bald" :) . I think that it will be a catastrophe for my MAC Pro 2,1. This is time to say "STOP". Why people are doing "upgrades"?
 I think, a hands itch simply!
    A more interesting thing which i have bought recently, is a 3D digital camera from FujiFilm. It will be a some intrigue for the my next Blog record. Yes, it will be happening faster than 2 years! :)
Waiting for "tests" my friends,
Yours,
Malik.


No comments:

Post a Comment